What to ask your Physician:
1) Where is the thyroid located, and what does it do?
2) What are the differences between hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients and what are the symptoms of each?
3) What is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), how is it measured, and what should my target number be?
4) What else besides TSH levels are important for making sure my thyroid condition is under control?
5) Why are more people than ever being diagnosed with thyroid cancer and should I be checked for it?
What to ask your Pharmacist:
1) What is the difference between a generic thyroid hormone pill and a brand name thyroid hormone pill?
2) Will you notify me in advance if you switch my thyroid medicine from the brand name I normally use to a generic?
3) What time of day is best to take my thyroid hormone pill?
4) May I take my thyroid medication with food, other medications, vitamins or supplements?
5) Can any of my other medications affect my thyroid?